Conyngham–Heard–Phillipps Pedigrees: the White Lion Society has most generously given to the College of Arms three substantial manuscript volumes dating from the early seventeenth century, which contain over 3,000 pedigrees, together with an alphabet of Arms. They include annotations and augmentations by Sir Isaac Heard, Garter King of Arms, who acquired them in 1781, and by Sir Thomas Phillipps, who owned them by about 1824.
Above, Conyngham-Heard-Phillipps Ms vol 1, pp. 284-5: pedigree of Brandon, in three hands or more.
Welcome to the fifteenth edition of the College of Arms Newsletter.
The Worshipful Company of Security Professionals: On 2 May 2008 this company became the City of London's newest Livery Company. It received its certificate of Livery from the Lord Mayor in a ceremony at the Mansion House; on the same day at Guildhall William Hunt, Windsor Herald, presented the Letters Patent by which the Company was granted Supporters to its Arms. The Letters Patent, which were signed and sealed by Garter King of Arms, are dated 1 August 2007. College reference: Grants 173/14.
Arms: Party per fess indented acute Or and Azure three Portcullises chained counterchanged.
Crest: Upon a Helm with a Wreath Or and Azure A Unicorn forcene Argent armed maned tufted and unguled Or the dexter forehoof enfiling the hasp of a Padlock Azure the sinister supporting a Terrestrial Globe Or the oceans Azure. Mantled Azure doubled Or. Badge (not shown): A Portcullis chained Or within an Annulet the outer edge potenty Azure.
The new Supporters are blazoned On the dexter a Dragon Azure armed langued winged and gorged with a plain Collar attached thereto a Chain reflexed over the back and holding in the sinister foreclaws a Key wards uppermost Or on the sinister a Griffin Azure armed langued beaked winged and holding in the dexter claws a Lightning Flash Or.
Welcome to the seventeenth edition of the College of Arms Newsletter
St George's Chapel, Windsor: an exhibition of black and white photography by Eleanor Curtis opened at Windsor on 16 September 2008. The images provide a glimpse behind the scenes at this Royal chapel, and include Garter Day. They are taken from her book St George's Chapel, Windsor: a Portrait.
The exhibition will transfer to the College of Arms, where it opens on 17 October and runs until 31 October. Opening hours Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4 pm; admission free.
Welcome to the eighteenth edition of the College of Arms Newsletter.
John Blundell, of the City of Westminster: a grant of Arms, Crest and Badge was made by Letters Patent of Garter and Clarenceux dated 30 May 2008. College reference: Grants 173/201.
The Arms (illustrated right) are blazoned: Sable three Bendlets and three Bendlets sinister conjoined Or on a Chief also Or three Stag's heads caboshed Sable.
Crest: Upon a Helm with a Wreath Or and Sable A Glove erect Sable holding in the fingers a Pin point upwards Or.
Badge (illustrated below): A Bell Sable suspended from a Yoke Or.
Welcome to the nineteenth edition of the College of Arms Newsletter